Notable Events

Whenever I feel that I have to write on my blog just now, either there is something important happening in my life or there is something happening around me or some news which I have read or heard on which I would like to comment.

Regarding news everybody must be thinking about the CWG or the Babri Mazjid verdict. But no. I don't want to comment on either. I am commenting on someone who is not even worth remembering. Surprised! Yes that person's name is Aditya Thackeray, grandson of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray & son of Uddhav Thackeray. Now this so called Aditya got Rohinton Mistry's novel removed from the BA course. Reason? The book is named 'Such A Long Journey' & Aditya states that this book contains anti- Shiv Sena passages & labels the content is objectionable. I have not read Rohinton Mistry's book but all I know that his book was nominated for the booker prize. Aditya heads the Bhartiya Vidyarthi Sena, which held protests for removal of the book from the BA syllabus & thus it happened. Now my point here is who is Aditya Thackeray? If he belongs to Shiv Sena or is a grandson of Bal Thackeray, so what? This book was removed by the Vice - Chancellor on the protest of this so called Aditya & his group. If people who hold power listen to nobody's like Aditya then I guess all these so called important people should listen to anyone & everyone. And forget Aditya, Mr Uddhav Thackeray & obviously our very own Mr. Bal Thackeray are mature enough to take any comments in their stride & instead of telling their progeny to react in such a funny manner, consider the negative points & correct them.

Regarding something happening around me, I have mentioned in one of my earlier blogs that I have joined as an Assistant Professor in the Department Of Pharmacology, Seth G. S. Medical College & K. E. M. Hospital. Now the above mentioned college as most would know is one of the premiere medical institutes in the entire India. I always had a strong desire to work in this institute & be a part of it. As I joined it, I definitely found the work better than any institutions I have worked with previously but I found that all people working in my department indulge themselves in petty gossip which according to me should be avoided in all & any circumstances. If this gossip time would have been converted in a fun time or some other useful time, things would have been different. All these people are intelligent, but they waste their valuable energy bitching & gossiping about things which are either not in their control or if it is under their control then they do not feel the need to change anything. What a waste of intelligence.

Lastly, regarding the important thing happening in my life, there are significant changes happening in my life which would reveal itself only with the time.

Comments

My sincere apologies to all, including the members of Shiv Sena, who might have been hurt by my statements posted on my blog.

I just want to say that such powerful associations like Shiv Sena could utilize their power & intelligence for the betterment of Maharashtra & Mumbai. Let it be a party of the people, by the people, for the people.

This post is just my view point to a news in a local newspaper. It is not intended to hurt the sentiments of the people as well as the party. This post should be considered solely for reading. Any inconvenience is highly regretted.

Popular Posts