Ganpati Bappa Mauriya

I am writing on my blog after a after almost 2 months. It's because a lot of things have changed in my life over these 2 months. But today I have got the time & I am in an elated mood.

Yes in an elated mood. Thats why I want to write on my blog.

I delivered my son on 29th April. My mother told me that when my son Yuvaditya becomes around a month old we would take him to Siddhivinayak temple at Prabhadevi. They take small children less then 3 months old & directly put them on God's feet. I liked the idea of going to the temple & hence took him to the temple when he became 36 days.



I took my child near the idle. My mother told me that when the priest asks you the age of Yuv, tell him 40 days. The priest asked me & I answered him similarly. He again asked my husband the same question, "Vai kai mulachi?" My husband unaware of my mothers instruction answered, "36 days." The moment the priest heard the number 36, he said, we do not put children less than 40 days at the Idol's feet. Come next time."

My husband scolded me for saying a lie in the temple but I cannot understand how does 4 days make a difference? The indifference the priest showed was surprising. It was even surprising to know that man made rules are being applied at such a small age.

I left the temple with half heart with a wish to come again. Hence we decided to go to the temple & the day decided was yesterday.

There was a new priest. He asked, "Mulachi Vai?"

"Don mahine."

My son was placed on God's feet, a orange teeka was applied & we left the temple happily.

Comments

Popular Posts