My Short Story Published

I am very happy. My story got published. Yes all of you readers have read it right. My story is published. The magazine in which it got published is 'The Children's Magazine'. My story has featured in the current October issue.

Now you readers will ask me about what the story is all about. The topic of the story, its crust etc. 

But I would say, 'Just grab the issue & read'.

The story is on the importance of friendship. That's it.

Again you readers would ask me, 'How do you feel?'

'How do I feel?" What a question to ask. Excited, obviously. 

Seeing my photo & my story in print, I just got excited. I never thought that this would happen. My story got printed & I got paid for it too. So double excitement. When will my novel get printed? When will I get recognized? Like Chetan Bhagat. Like Amish Tripathi. Wow. Just the thought of it gives me a goose flesh.

My children's novel 'Yash & Yuv Pvt. Ltd' got rejected by the publishers. I was disappointed. But with my story printed, thank God, it started somewhere. 

The rejection didn't disappoint me. I started working on another novel. But this time the story is for adults not for children. And this time my approach will be totally different. Probably, I would not commit the past mistakes & be successful. Or I would commit a new set of mistakes which will be useful for me next time I do the same thing & that is getting my work printed. Every word written printed. But someday I will succeed. People will recognize me the way I want them too. I will, one day, become positively famous. Writing is my soul. I am waiting it to be my sole source of earning.

I am working. I am praying. I am waiting. 

Comments

Popular Posts