My Feelings on my Blog

Yes, I have come back again after a hiatus of just 2 months. And I have not been a regular writer on my blog. How I wish that I would just keep writing.

I feel that I should keep on writing. And do nothing in pharmacology. Interest changes from time to time. This current post is written with lots of things in mind. Lots of incidences have occurred. Lots to tell the readers.

I am also happy to know that people who are not the members of my blog read my blog. Once during a certain lecture a student named Aishwarya mentioned my blog & said that she reads it. And to tell her that 'thanks a lot'. At least my blog is known to someone.

I finished reading 'A Suitable Boy' by Vikram Seth. A 1149 pages book, but a total delight to read. The story is about how a mother makes various attempts to find a most suitable boy for her daughter. This is the central story with many other stories in it. Sometimes I was at the peak of excitement. Sometimes I reached the lowest point in the valley of boredom while I read this book. But on the whole I just loved reading this book. I could relate to almost all the characters in the book. Lata (central character), Arun (Lata's elder brother), Meenakshi (Arun's wife), Savita (Lata's elder sister), Pran (Savita's husband), Varun  (Lata's 2nd elder brother & unmarried) & Mrs. Rupa Mehra (Lata's mother). Then there is Malti (Lata's best friend). Then Lata's potential prospects - Kabir Durrani, Amit Chatterji (Meenakshi's elder brother) & Haresh Khanna. Then there are lot many other characters related to the characters mentioned above of which I liked the character of Maan (Pran's brother). Equally interesting was the affair between Maan & Sayeeda Bai. Many more characters interesting as well as boring. But I remained gripped to the book. While I surfed the net to know the reviews written for the book, I realized that readers have taken almost 6 months to complete reading the book. It took me exactly 4 months & 9 days to complete reading the book. If I would never have had other commitments, I would have finished reading the book in stat 3 months. I recommend to all who have not read the book to read the book. The book is interesting and also has good literary value. I am also eagerly waiting for the sequel of the book, 'The Suitable Girl'. 

I also shifted to my new home with my husband. I am back with him after 2 years. Oh, you readers do not take it wrongly. I am still going strong with my husband. Its just that the 6 months delivery period turned to 2 years. 

But then things change. Times change & so do relationship. When I delivered my son around 2 years back, I had gone to my parents place for delivery. I realized that somethings & some relations never change. My relationship with my parents is the same. We were never close. They always felt more for my sister then me. They had irritated me in the past & kept on irritating me for the entire 2 years which I spent with them post delivery. They would pick unnecessary fights & act as if nothing has happened. Yes, what has changed is some part of their attitude. They feel my post in KEM is worth everything. If I remain assistant professor then I am valued or otherwise I have 0 value.

By the time I came back to stay with my husband, I realized our relation has changed. In the past he had verbal constipation. He claimed that he would talk less with anybody. It was not his style to talk more. This thing though remained same, I realized that verbal constipation is selective & that too for me. 

Now I realized that the only 1 thing that is constant is change. Nothing remains constant, not even relationships. I think, probably I have to make efforts to maintain a good relation. But then I realize its not worth an attempt. If relations cannot be maintained naturally & effortlessly then just forget & go by the flow.

For now, goodbye to readers & I will surely come back soon to pakaoo u all with some stupid incidences & feelings.

Comments

Popular Posts