Untitled - General Thoughts

Thankfully I have landed on this new post page. Since the time I have changed my blog look theme, I  am writing a post for the 1st time. So with a new look, in the new year, comes a new post.

I have been absent for a very long long time. And as I was just scanning through the earlier posts of the previous years, I feel I have changed so much. Earlier, I wrote more. Wrote more freely. Tried reading the current affairs & would want to post my views which again were based on a lot of thinking. Like, I would ask more people what they thought on a particular issue & I would then jot down only the useful ones. I would try reading on the subject & then post my final view on a particular issue. 

Gradually, I started becoming more & more head strong. The number of posts on my blog reduced.  I wrote only on those issues which I actually feel for. And I cared less about what other people thought.

Yes, I sometimes feel, that though I have distanced myself from a particular set of people, I have become more matured, as a person, as a writer. Earlier I would be curious to know what people thought about what I wrote. I would keep asking my husband about his opinion on my posts. I would advertise my blog every now and then to people whom I know. A more recent event related to my blog - I advertised a particular post on Facebook & that post got the maximum number of hits i.e. it got read maximum number of times. But I care less nowadays. 

There are some people who have read my blog on & off. Irrespective of whether they have been requested or known about it through other modes of virtual medium. 

One of my former colleagues just read all the posts of my blog and gave me a positive review. Now all of a sudden, somebody would give you a compliment, its a good feeling. That particular former colleague of mine, was once travelling home from college when he thought of beating the boredom by reading my blog. I am happy to know. 

Another friend of mine, all of a sudden just complimented me on my writing. He happened to read an alert on Facebook pertaining my blog. He just hopped on to my blog & read. Read & then complimented me. I was very very happy to know.

Why wouldn't I be happy. I like writing. There was a time, when I would spend reasonable amount of time in writing posts on my blog. I was much free that time. I would write at leisure & then decorate the post. Some of the posts would look good, but most were also fun to read. So if someone would compliment me, even though only a few read & even fewer commented on & complimented, I am happy.

Today is just an exceptional day. I just, all of sudden thought of writing. A rare phenomenon these days. So I took advantage & immediately sat to write.

I hope, just hope to write more & more. Like before, regain the enthusiasm to be a successful writer. I hope one day I would actually be a successful, established writer.

There has been a trend these days, just to start writing. After the "Chetan Bhagat" success everybody just got crazy. Just try to publish. Either through the normal routine publishing procedure or through self publishing. Everybody must be thinking, if we too become as successful as Mr. Chetan Bhagat. Might be, in future our books might get published. We would be successful writers. And then who knows, our books might just turn into blockbuster films!!! There have been several such people with loads of hopes. And then there are people whose attempts have been somewhat successful. There is a famous book by Chetan Bhagat - "2 States - A Story of my Marriage". A blockbuster film also has been made a few years ago based on this book. So a very hopeful writer Judy Balan, thought of attempting the opposite. "2 Ftates - A Story of my Divorce". Though this book has yet to climb the steps of Bollywood unlike its parody, attempts have been made.

More recently, Twinkle Khanna has been in the writing limelight. So one more reason for people to become hopeful. And everyone just wants to write English books. (I can just hope there has been equal craze for writing regional language books too).

But I still have my hopes. Hope is always positive. So let me just wait & wait & wait, try & try & try - till I become successful. Or at least achieved what I want.

Comments

Popular Posts