Women vs Men

First to tell my readers that I very happy that India has finally shown their ability after 28 years after winning the cricket world cup. Indians are able in doing most other things too but at least in cricket they were able to prove it. Hence when I saw them win the coveted title, I was overwhelmed. They have at least shown the world that they are the best.

But as the title suggests, my discussion should be directed towards something that involves both men & women. No, now I wont be comparing men & women cricket teams, because I don't see much of cricket, my interest is only because of the win in the world cup. Hence the comparison is something else.

Yesterday I was having a chat with my mother-in-law. Surprised!!!!!!!!! Yes, 2 people in a good relationship can definitely sit & enjoy a healthy chat. What relationship they are in does not matter. So we were having a chat. She said, I am sure that you will have a baby boy when you deliver. (To tell the readers that, I am 8 months pregnant & will be delivering around month end or next month). About me having a baby boy was told to me by mother & sister as well. Only my father said, let's watch the final result & not comment anything prior & my husband said that all he wants is a normal child, male or female, does not matter.

I read an article written by Pooja Bedi, in Bombay Times today, which is directed towards the same issue. She says that, we pray to Goddesses like Durga, Kali, Saraswati, Laxmi & pray to a feminine goddess about bearing a male child. All want a male child irrespective of what class or socioeconomic strata they belong tto. Thinking remains the same. The female:male ratio currently is 914:1000. If everyone just wants male child, then I guess the ratio will dip even further. Though sex determination is banned in India, it still happens & female foeticide still prevalent in many parts of India. I wonder if I have a son, when he becomes big, whether he will find an appropriate girl to even consider making a girl friend, forget marrying.

My friend suffers from fissure problem He has to control his diet & apply proper medications to control that severe pain. Once we had a silly argument & he just said that I pray you too have fissure pain. But how unfortunate, that I could not revert by saying, I hope you too have labor pains.

Feminine sex are the God's most gifted & beautiful creation. They can bear both male & female child. They are selected by God to create another life which most people know but conveniently choose to forget. Even females pray for a male child. Funny.

Hope people come out of such petty thinking & think of being more productive & creative.

Comments

Popular Posts