MD Pharmacology - Past & Current

The entire post is dedicated to today's discussion which happened in the board room some time ago. 

Today's discussion was due to certain inadequacies that our HOD found in the departmental staff & eventually, during the course of the discussion I realized that she was correct.

Today was the foundation day of our college & also an oration of a most prominent, contributory person of Pharmacology. The entire department was supposed to be there by 9.00 am but most were not & I was definitely not there at the venue at 9.00 am. It's not that I could not come but then there are 100 reasons for not coming or probably even more. I should have come on the time as suggested. Our HOD found that most of us were not present at the venue & she got wild. She called a meeting in the evening & that's the reason why I am going home so late.

But the discussion which occurred in the board room made me realize a lot of things.

When I was doing my post graduation in pharmacology some few years ago, the college in which I had enrolled myself in lacked adequate infrastructure required to run a MD Pharmacology course. Teachers lacked motivation or probably just wanted money to teach students from private institutes. Nobody developed anything & nothing happened. I too was a slow learner & lacked enthusiasm many a times as compared to my contemporary who despite lack of facilities went out of the way to learn pharmacology. Plus he was cunning too, making him an ideal candidate for opting pharmaceutical industry as his career. But a student like me never understood what actually happens in Pharmacology, what people do in this field & what my contemporaries in other colleges are doing.

Today I am a teacher in one of the premier medical institutes of Mumbai & feel that had I been in such a college during my post graduation I would have been a reasonably updated & a responsible teacher. 

Hence I agree with my boss that I should learn to be responsible & expect the same from the students. The teaching programmes made for the PG's are more than adequate & any changes (additions & modifications) are welcome from my side.

Nevertheless, the day is coming to an end & so is my post. Good bye to all the readers. Will come back with some post on a feeling or experience which I feel like sharing.

Comments

Popular Posts