March 2011, Significant events




Every body is gripped with the cricket fever. Though I have never been a cricket follower, I have been watching the world cup very keenly due to my husband.

Though India has just managed to reach were it has been in the current world cup, today's match between India & South Africa, the winning of India seems a bit doubtful. The consecutive fall of wickets after the ouster of Gautam Gambhir, seemed totally funny to me. What really caught my eyes is Sachin Tendulkar. He made 111 runs & is also active, catching balls, preventing fours.

Totally impressed. Sachin Tendulkar, U ROCK.


But what is more gripping, gripping the stomach is the tsunami & the earthquake which hit Japan yesterday. When I saw the situation on television, I was scared to death. Just imagine the situation of the people who were stuck in that situation or were swept away. I hope & wish the Japaneese people a speedy recovery.


8th March 2011 was celebrated as a women day. On this day I read in the newspaper about the women achievers & also articles on feminist ideas, movements & women liberation. But while every women talked about women liberation, are they really liberated? Women liberation always tempts us to make a difference between the women in the Indian villages & the cities. A general perception would be that life for Indian women in the cities would be much free & liberated as compared to life in the villages. To some extent, YES. But what about the remaining women??? I work in one of the best & prestigious medical institute in India. I live in one of the free & safe cities in India ---- Mumbai. I am myself a doctor & a medical teacher. In my department every one is experienced & hardworking. But everybody is afraid of the Head of the Department. My department is female dominated with few selected males, working under a female boss. But females seemed more oppressed & males more free. All my female colleagues & seniors are afraid of our boss & are not able to communicate even the smallest of things. We just dance on her sweet music she sings every now & then.

Just to all my readers, what do u mean by liberation especially in context with women.    

Comments

Popular Posts