End of the Year 2013

Today is 31st December. And today is the last day of the year 2013. The entire year passed by, fast though, but was marked by significant events in my life. 

There were times when I would be busy, extremely busy with work. My friend & colleague had gone on maternity leave in the earlier part of the year. Part of her work was taken care of by me in her absence. Now that 1 extra work for 6 months made me busy, extremely busy. My already existing work + my friends extra work. I was not neck deep but had my entire head buried in work.

Now that I was just coping to fit all the work in my daily schedule, that I shifted in my new house with my son & husband. With all the facilities available at my maiden house gone, I started adjusting to a totally new environment - a new house. 

While I had just started adjusting to the new house & with my work schedule falling in place, my husband was diagnosed of having kidney as well as gall stones. One of the 2 kidney stones came out on its own with one still inside. But it causes no problem to my husband till date. But the gall stones were a problem. The doctor advised removal of the gall bladder & so my husband was given an appointment for surgery. My mother-in-law (MIL) was called so that I could get additional help. Subsequently in a few days after my MIL's arrival my husband was admitted & the gall bladder surgery done.

Then came a time when my MIL left for Lucknow & the very next day my colleague resumed her duties after 6 months & hence there was relief from me.

I also read a good book called 'A Suitable Boy' - Vikram Seth. Good book, worth reading. Waiting for its sequel 'A Suitable Bride'. 


I made a new friend, Meghna, who joined as an Assistant Professor in our department. Sanket also joined the department at the same post & at the same time as Meghna. I already knew Sanket & I came to know Meghna. Thoroughly enjoying their company. It has been more than 7 months since they joined. I am now feeling, that whenever they leave the job, as they are on a temporary post, I will feel very bad. The same way when Karuna, Roshan, Sanjay Yellappa Chaudhari & Sanket had left in September 2012.

December 24th 2013 -  Yuvaditya, my son participated in a fancy dress competition organized at the colony where my mother lives. He became Swami Vivekananda. What a performance. He gave such a wonderful performance. He stood in front of the audience smiling wearing that orange swami dress. Everybody clapped, he felt nice & he came back.

Few days a go, last Friday, the last Friday of 2013, Farooque Sheikh passed away. I felt bad. I liked him a lot. When Club 60 was released, I wanted to see the movie because of him but could not see because I got committed to some work. How I miss him. I never felt bad when Rajesh Khanna died. But it hit my heart hard when Farooque Sheikh died. He could have lived at least 10 years more & given more tabla tod movies as did in the past. But unfortunately.....

I lost 2 mobiles in 2013. One Samsung mobile which I had possessed for 2 years & was brought by my husband. I was emotionally attached & it was a superb mobile. After I lost it, I bought another mobile - Karbonn. But 2 months went & I lost it too. So now I possess a mobile but a cheaper one.

This year I did not go anywhere in Diwali vacations & stayed home. Full day with my son for full 7 days. Good. Because I bonded with him & he with me.

We all know that certain characteristics pass through genes. And so my HOD did the same. She passed the 'Do Not Mess With Me' characteristics to her junior that is me. Months passed & finally it is today the last day of the year & I have nearly attempted to tell a junior that please do not mess with me. You cannot underestimate me because I talk freely with you. I consider you as my friend & I would like us to remain like one.

Anyways, the year has ended. I performed well sometimes, I fared ok on certain occasions & bad on many occasions. I expect to fare good in all occasions someday. Probably in 2014. Lets see.

So readers, I will meet you all next year, tomorrow, in a new day of a new year. Till then good bye.

Comments

Popular Posts