Railway Event

Today morning I am both happy & angry. Yes, I am getting mixed feelings.

Happy because I have got lot's of ideas to write recently. This is my 3rd consequent day of continuous writing on this blog. I am happy that I get some daily news to be written on this blog.

Angry because of the news that came in a local newspaper today & which is the theme of my today's post.

One of the new's read today that the male commuters who commute by the Thane-Panvel trans harbor route stopped the ladies special train that was started on this route on 29th May. Regular travelers of Mumbai local trains know what a ladies special train means. These trains were usually seen in the western, central & the harbor trains which take the kurla route. But now these trains have started on the trans harbor route too. The dud male commuters have objected to this train on the trans harbor route stating that the train goes empty & few male compartments be included.

Why is it always that masculine sex is always non adjusting. If one has observed, the usual trains are always male special trains with few small compartments for females. I have been a regular commuter of trains since 1995, i.e. almost 15 years of traveling by the Mumbai local trains. I have always traveled by the first class compartment. The female first class is so small that during peak hours it jam packed & all the female commuters have a difficulty travelling by this compartment. I have always heard from the female passengers that the compartment size should increase, read well that only the size should increase. But neither the size has increased nor any female passenger including me has bothered to protest publicly against this. So many years have passed by but the train structure still remains the same providing little relief to the female commuters.

Another issue is that the new trains in the trans harbor route which have recently started on 29th May will take time to fill as not many female passengers would be aware of this introduction of new trains. So these trains will take time to get filled. These males have no right to stop the train or hurl stones at the train or stop the females from entering the trains. They have no right to spoil the public property or prevent any individual commuter from commuting peacefully.

And one more thing, why does the so called Mumbai mob constitute mainly of the masculine sex with just a minuscule role for females. Yes, feminine sex has a major part in the mob if the mob is either Shiv Sena or Manav NavNirman Sena.

Why have females protested only against fights happening in the trains and not against such an important issue which has been causing them inconvenience since many years.

But who bothers to read what I have written. Who reads my blog anyways. How will a person like me able to voice my feelings?????

Comments

Popular Posts