Rain Rain come again.

At last. I am so relieved. Finally the rains have come. I am writing this blog watching heavy downpour. Its the mid of June & I happy that finally rains have come in such a beautiful manner.

Last year I remember I was honeymooning in the north. My mom used to call me & whenever we talked she said the rains have not yet come. I came back from honeymoon on 19th June. Still there was no sign of rains. And last year there were very little rains through out the season. But hope this year there is enough rains.

Usually with rains are associated many mixed feelings.

I have got stuck so many times in the trains during rains. There were times when there was a long waiting period for the rains to come.

Mumbai people always have a special relation with the rains. With rains there are special memories & a common  feeling of eating hot pakodas with hot tea or coffee. But there is a common memory too in the minds of the people of Mumbai & that is the memory of 26/7. I specially remember the way I got stuck in the rains. I reached home after 2 days. All were worried about me but were relieved to see me back.

Mumbai has seen both the more & the less of rains.

This year Mumbai experienced a lot of water problem. Hope with good amount of rain falling this year, these water problem would remain a problem no more.

Comments

Popular Posts