Salute the rising sun

What does position or status mean to an Individual? It means getting to a position higher than the current position or status. In this post position & status have been frequently interchanged & hold the same meaning.

Throughout my life I always aimed at something higher. But whenever I used to get to that place I always got mixed feelings. By the time I reached that place the charm of acquiring that place has gone. At that time I am thinking, so what if you have reached here. Many people have come & gone. So what is the new thing that I have achieved? Another feeling which I am getting  is that no matter what position you reach, no matter how high it is, there is always someone higher than you. The lower one will think "when will I get where she is? When will I be like her?"I used to think the same when I was a student. I thought that these medical teachers have everything in their hands. We should not take any Panga's with them, as passing or failing is in their hands. But when I switched position & when I myself became a teacher, I got the feeling that I have to answer all the associate professors, professors & HOD's who are above me. They will control what I have to do. They will tell me when I have to take lectures, when I have to come & what I have to do. They fail to realize that we are responsible. Its not that these so called people, the senior people own the department. They know that they will have to leave the department once they reach a specific age. Unfortunately, these great people have a reason to torture their juniors for more years as retirement age has gone from 58 - 62 years. They know that there was somebody before them & there would be somebody after them. But they will not leave torturing.

But now the reader will think & ask me, "then try for the highest position, i.e. from the lecturer to the HOD".

Firstly, to clarify that I do not have the age & the experience to became a HOD. Even if my aims are to reach that place & someday I would became, things will remain the same.

The medical college in which I am lecturing currently has a very nice HOD. Very considerate, understanding & a nice person. It is commonly said by his contemporaries in the department that he reached that position by the virtue of his luck & the influence at the ministry level. But whatever be the reason for reaching that level, he is the department HOD, very nice, considerate & understanding. We all have to salute the rising sun & it holds true even for this HOD. He has got the qualification, he has got this position, he rules the entire department but he still salutes the rising sun.

Now, the reader must be confused & ask a question to me, "can the writer tell us exactly how many sun's exist".

Yes, even after reaching that position, they have a considerable amount of responsibility & have to answer people above them, i.e. the Dean, the Directors & all the people whom the HOD claims to know i.e. the Ministers. So the reader must understand that there are many rising sun's that everybody has to salute, at whatever level they may sit or whatever post they may hold.

Even the prime minister of India, Mr. Manmohan Singh has to answer somebody above & salutes the rising sun that constantly shines over his head & i.e. Mrs. Sonia Gandhi.

Even the president of USA, Mr. Bill Clinton had to answer the public & his wife when he was caught for the affair with Monica Lewinsky.

Its a cycle, a viscous cycle. From the common man to a star & back to the common man. It is a nature's rule, a natural rule, that you have go back to the place from where you have come. There will be someone before & after you. Nobody's constant. You just have to fulfill the duties.

Comments

Popular Posts