Yashwardhan

I am scribbling on this white board after a very long time. But today I had to express my feelings here.

I have been watching my nephew since he was born on 6th of January, 2010. He was as a premature, small, slim (1.5 kgs) child. But it is amazing to watch him grow in a very interesting & quick manner. My mother & his mother (my sister) made every attempts for increasing his weight. In the initial months he was given only milk, which accounted to many feeds in a day. As he started to grow quickly, I noticed one very important thing. He is making every attempts to learn new things. Learn new things on his own.

He once came to my house with his official transport system. He was playing on my bed with the security measures intact. This was the time when he first learned to rotate & lie with the head hold stable on the prone position. My sister accidentaly saw this & called us. And from this point onwards he has left no point unturned to maintain & play in this position. He has started to crawl towards the things of his desires. He moves from one position to another. He tries to crawl more smoothly. He tries to stabilize & hold his head more stably.

My mother has started giving him various other top feeds apart from milk. First liquids, then semi solids, then smashed solids. But he has always attempted to slowly develop his taste & constantly tickle his taste buds to the various flavors that have touched his tongue.

What he did is to try, to try & to try & just keep trying. His name is Yashwardhan. What he taught me is to try. He kept trying & learning & that too without anybody telling him how to learn or progress. I guess there is  no age bar for progressing & I have learnt this very fact from a small boy.

Comments

Popular Posts